Colenimo S/S 2011

I was sent these images for Colenimo’s spring 2011 lookbook back in October, when fall was still making its way to Atlanta and warm weather outfits were the kinds I wanted to forget. I like them a lot more now that spring (though not summer!) is inching closer and is actually something I can get excited about again. I may not be ready for it yet but when spring comes along I wouldn’t mind wandering around in little floral and check dresses like these . . .

Colenimo always has the best collection inspirations, too. This particular one was inspired by a 1928 photo by Edward Steichen, showing four women on a yacht, looking out on the water, graceful and casual at the same time. ┬áBut what I really love is how designer Aya Nakagawa took ’20s-inspired clothes and updated them with such a good, dreamy soft-focus photoshoot.

1. Posted January 19, 2011 at 4:14 am | Permalink

gasp, so beautiful! thanks for sharing!

2. Posted January 19, 2011 at 4:36 am | Permalink

I adore that first picture. It’s too pretty!

3. Posted January 19, 2011 at 6:01 am | Permalink

Dreeeeammmyyyy!

4. Posted January 19, 2011 at 9:28 am | Permalink

Can you believe spring is around the corner? I’m struggling, I must say although the days are getting slowly lighter already.

These pictures are so atmospheric, and I love the clean patterns on the fabric. I always think with shoots like these that, while I appreciate the dreamy, I wish I could see the cut better, but it’s not so much effort to find it elsewhere! Lovely post.

5. Posted January 19, 2011 at 10:02 am | Permalink

The pics are lovely!Love the 4th picture!
    x

6. Posted January 19, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

Wow, so dreamy and lovely … thanks for sharing such wonder! :)
    Now I’m off to etsy to drool over some 1920s vintage … ;)

7. Posted January 19, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

I’ve been meaning to get the yarn for making myself a cloche hat, I’m madly in love with them.

8. Posted January 19, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

these are really lovely photos. can’t wait for spring!

9. Posted January 19, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

This post is making me verrrrry tired of winter..not like I wasn’t already!
    And it also is getting me inspired to try more 30′s style dressing. I adore the pics, thanks for sharing!

10. Posted January 19, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

Those bare legs and that FEILD are making me very weary of winter indeed.

11. Posted January 19, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Permalink

These photos are so beautiful. They are the perfect inspiration for Spring (especially the 1930′s bonnets). xoxo

12. Posted January 20, 2011 at 1:28 am | Permalink

I LOVE the quality of light in these photos. Quite nice!

13. Posted January 23, 2011 at 7:25 am | Permalink

Love all those little hats!
    XOXO

14. Emily Pidgeon
    Posted January 28, 2011 at 1:23 am | Permalink

It’s awesome when fashion photographers shoot the clothes this way. It’s like “mehhh, you get the idea right?”. And, based on the comments above – we do :)