Sleepy Hollow Tree Farm

Dress: Steven Alan Lydia Dress (sample sale)
Bag: Etsy
Boots: Madewell Suede Sandstorm Boots

There are officially two more weeks until Christmas, and I don’t think I’ve been as excited about it since I was a little kid.  I have a feeling time is going to crawl and crawl for the next week or so . . . There are still things to do here and work to get done, and all I want to do is pack up the car and go see my family in Tennessee . . .

It’s nice here, though.  We have our tree up and decorated, after going out to Powder Springs to a tree farm.  I hadn’t been to a tree farm since I was a kid and I really wanted to see what a Georgia one would be like.  In Illinois we used to go to one not too far from our house and out in the country . . . I remember lots of snow and it being so cold that we would all huddle in a big barn around a fire, and there was always hot chocolate and candy canes.  The farm we went to this time was different–it was in someone’s back yard, for one thing, and even thought it was pretty it did seem strange to be getting a Christmas tree when it was 60 degrees outside.

I won’t complain one bit about 60 degree Decembers, though.  It’s been perfect for running, which I did not do once this weekend even though it was perfectly nice out.  I spent way too much time being lazy, taking naps and reading a biography on Katherine Anne Porter.  Not one bit productive, and it’s not making the holidays come any faster  . . .

PS–Happy birthday to my brother-in-law, Danny the Antagonizer (formerly known as Super Cute, Super Style Guy on Flickr).

1. Posted December 12, 2011 at 3:57 am | Permalink

I love your dress!

2. Posted December 12, 2011 at 3:58 am | Permalink

dress ♥

3. Posted December 12, 2011 at 6:47 am | Permalink

I don’t know why it took me so long to ask this, but what camera do you use for your photos? they turn out really great.

4. Posted December 12, 2011 at 8:36 am | Permalink

Rhi! Ahh you look so adorable! I was thinkin’ of buyin’ this dress, but wasn’t sure what size to get! How’s the fit??

PS: E-mail coming soon I PROMISE!! (finishing up finals this week, then 1 month break!!)

5. Posted December 12, 2011 at 9:45 am | Permalink

aw, love the last photo of drew. hope your first christmas as a married couple is lovely and homely! xx

6. Posted December 12, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

I’m so excited for Christmas too… I just wish I could somehow find that dress of yours under the tree!

7. Posted December 13, 2011 at 2:59 am | Permalink

Very adorable. This is something I’ve always wanted to do!

8. Posted December 13, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Permalink

These are amazing!

9. Posted December 15, 2011 at 4:56 am | Permalink

It’s definitely been really nice with the 60 degree highs these past few days! I like not having to bundle up too much.
    Your dress is super pretty and I love the pictures of the tree farm. I’ve never had a real christmas tree!

10. Posted December 15, 2011 at 11:59 am | Permalink

love the pictures. we went to a tree farm last winter to pick up our christmas tree and it was really great. even though the pictures would have looked very different from yours. we had a lot of snow and it was all so frosty and cold – but when we finally found our little tree, we were very, very happy.