Osei-Duro

This is the collection that’s responsible for some of the weird secondhand stuff I’ve been buying lately: a ’90s hybrid dress, half blue knit sweater, half black fabric; a knitting pattern from the ’80s featuring a terrified-looking model wearing some questionable (but kind of amazing) short-sleeved sweaters that I really need to make.

Ghana (and L.A.)-based Osei-Duro’s fall collection looks like it belongs on the eccentric 1980s art teacher I never had, and I kind of love it.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted January 28, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

All you have to do is say Ghana and I’m down. So fun. I miss African fabric so much.

Posted February 2, 2013 at 6:38 am | Permalink

Brooke, it’s gorgeous! I love all the prints and colors.

2. Posted January 31, 2013 at 4:19 am | Permalink

Thanks so much for posting the images. Your site is beautiful! SS13 coming soon! xoxox

3. Posted January 31, 2013 at 4:22 am | Permalink

Oh and you pretty much nailed it: 80′s/90′s we are so inspired by the “dead white man’s market” in Ghana – all the second hand stuff from the West that’s been hauled over for resale. And also art teachers. Though we refer that style as “Waldorf mom, or German mom”! xo

Posted February 2, 2013 at 6:38 am | Permalink

Whoa, what a cool inspiration. I like Waldorf/German mom even better than ’80s art teacher.

And thanks for liking my site. Also thanks for the spring update–can’t wait!

2 Trackbacks

• By Laura Lombardi S/S ’13 on February 8, 2013 at 7:42 am

[...] lately—plain clothes and interesting necklaces. The other day I bought a black blouse and an ’80s art teacher necklace at the thrift store and now I keep wearing them together. That necklace isn’t nearly [...]

• By A Sweater for Spring on March 5, 2013 at 7:35 pm

[...] give it a go.  That lattice top part reminds me so much of blouses I loved in Osei Duro‘s fall collection, a little bit hippie and a little bit Family Creative Workshop.  . . This entry was posted in [...]