Sickness and a Sweater

We caught the flu or colds or something—I’m not sure what it is exactly, but for the last 7 days we’ve been coughing and sneezing and for the most part stuck in the house under blankets. I’ve been too lazy and sick to do much of anything besides watch TV (RuPaul’s Drag Race and Downton Abbey cheered me up some), sleep, and make soup for dinner (made this tonight and it helped some too).  When I’m sick I’m pretty much useless; I don’t have the concentration for reading or for writing anything decent. I can’t get excited about anything because I get so miserable that I can’t even imagine what it’s like to be well again.

Somehow I did manage to finish the sweater I was knitting. I only had half a sleeve to go, but still . . . It’s a raglan sweater, made from this pattern almost exactly, except that I made it a size bigger than I’d usually make, and I skipped the waist shaping.  I’ve been getting into Ravelry more too—after four years of being on it I finally got the hang of it and created myself a proper profile.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted February 6, 2013 at 3:44 am | Permalink

I despise colds as well! I hope you get well soon and I love the sweater.

2. Megs
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 3:49 am | Permalink

That’s such a beautiful sweater! I’ve always wanted to knit one, but never felt comfortable enough in my knitting skills. This has made me want to start practicing again though. I do hope you feel better soon xx

3. Posted February 6, 2013 at 4:17 am | Permalink

Wow, that sweater!! The color and its wider shape are awesome, I like the decision to skip the waist shaping. Good job Rhi. I hope you two feel better soon!!

4. Posted February 6, 2013 at 4:27 am | Permalink

Wow! The sweater looks awesome! You and your sister are so talented! Really great job! Again, you make me want to learn how to knit! Seems like it would feel so satisfying when you’re done.

5. Posted February 6, 2013 at 9:18 am | Permalink

That jumper looks like rhubarb! So warm and cosy.

6. Posted February 6, 2013 at 11:31 am | Permalink

Poor you, nothing better than listening to your body and just take it easy, it’s clearly what you need (and it sounds like flu!). You will feel better soon and then life will begin again and I’m sure inspiration will return!

7. Posted February 6, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous sweater Rhiannon!
    Hope you two feel better soon!

8. Posted February 6, 2013 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

This is a gorgeous color! And I think you made the right choice in forgoing the waist-shaping but I’m biased since I love baggier sweaters.

9. Posted February 6, 2013 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

the sweater is lovely! i’ve never knitted anything that big, but might try this:-) and hope you feel better soon! x

10. Posted February 6, 2013 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

lovely sweater!!!!

11. Becky
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

Beautiful sweater, Rhi! I absolutely love the color. Hope you feel better soon!!

Posted February 8, 2013 at 3:52 am | Permalink

Such a great sweater and the color is great! Hope you and Drew are back to feeling better.